Start your week off right with yoga every Monday morning from 10am-11:15am at HCRJ!
Taught by Suzy Shapiro, a certified yoga instructor, this yoga class will help you improve your strength, stamina, balance, flexibility, immune system and so much more.
To join our yoga class, please contact Justin at 713-782-4162 or Justin@hcrj.org.
Did you know?
- 36 million people in the United States regularly practice yoga.
- Female yoga practitioners are known as ‘yoginis’ and male practitioners are known as ‘yogis’.
- There are more than 100 styles of yoga.
- Yoga originated in India and is over 5,000 years old. Yoga was introduced to America in the 18th century.
- The first yoga mat was created in 1982 by Angela Farmer, who used carpet underlay to create a sticky surface while teaching yoga.