- This event has passed.
Nature Walks Group
November 21 @ 8:15 am - 11:00 am
HCRJ is excited to announce our new Nature Walks Group! On the first and third Saturdays of every month, the group will meet to walk at a variety of popular spots around Houston.
- 8:15 am – 8:30 am – Meet at HCRJ
- 8:30 am – 8:45 am – Drive to the Houston Arboretum & Nature Center (4501 Woodway Dr, Houston, TX 77024)
- 8:45 am – 10:45 am – Walk
- 10:45 am – 10:55 am – Drive to the Black Walnut Cafe (5512 Memorial Drive, Houston, TX 77077)
- 10:55 am – 12 pm – Lunch at the Black Walnut Cafe
Each walk will be between 1.5 and 2 hours and cover between 3 and 4 miles. This week, the nature walk will be at the Houston Arboretum & Nature Center in Memorial Park. Walk highlights include The Nature Center, The Wildflower Trail, The Donor Boardwalk, The Outer Loop, Couch Bird Trail and The Ravine Trail.
Keith Rosen is your guide. Keith was active as a hiker and leader with the Sierra Club and Florida Trail Association in the 1990s and has led repeated hikes in Big Bend National Park. He has conducted walking tours for his company Houston Historical Tours since approximately 2003. In 2020, he walks an average of over 6 miles each day.
Get your Saturday morning started off right with a nature walk! Please contact Justin at 713-782-4162 or Justin@hcrj.org to be a part of this fun social and exercise group!